Visiting Gaspar Hernandez
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Gaspar Hernandez has to offer. Top sights in the area include Fort San Felipe, Pico Isabel de Torres, and Ocean World Adventure Park.
- You'll find 484 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Puerto Plata
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Plata (POP-Gregorio Luperon Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santiago (STI-Cibao Intl.), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gaspar Hernandez
Places to visit in the larger region include Cabarete Beach, Kite Beach, and Gri Gri Lagoon. You'll also find Playa Caleton and Encuentro Beach in the area.
As you plan your trip to Gaspar Hernandez, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 399 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Grand Bahia Principe San Juan Resort All Inclusive is located 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the heart of Gaspar Hernandez. This 3.5-star resort is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and room service.
- Casa Marina Beach an Amhsa Marina Resort All Inclusive is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the center of Gaspar Hernandez. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Sosua can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and 4 restaurants, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Viva Wyndham Tangerine Resort - All Inclusive is 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from central Gaspar Hernandez. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Cabarete can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Dressing for Gaspar Hernandez
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Gaspar Hernandez gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 68°F