Visitors can enjoy all that Giessen has to offer including the university setting and museums. The vibrant and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Giessen
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 37.3 mi (60 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Giessen
Cultural venues in the city include Stadttheater, Liebig Museum, and Mathematikum. Additionally, you might want to add Giessen Botanical Garden to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Giessen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SleepySleepy Hotel Gießen - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus Hotel Steinsgarten - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Residenz Hotel Giessen - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a rooftop terrace.
Getting Around Giessen
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Gießen Oswaldsgarten Station, Gießen Station, or Gießen Licher Straße Station. Giessen might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Giessen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- About 23.11 inches of rain falls on Giessen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F