Travelers give high marks for the shopping in Gilbert, which is also known for its golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights around the area include Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium, Sun Devil Stadium, and Phoenix Zoo.
- You'll find 3162 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Mesa, AZ (AZA-Phoenix - Mesa Gateway), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chandler, AZ (CHD-Chandler Municipal), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gilbert
Cultural venues in the city include Higley Center for the Performing Arts, Gilbert Historical Museum, and Hale Centre Theatre. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to SanTan Village and SanTan Village Marketplace. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch and Big League Dreams Sports Park.
In Gilbert, there are 100 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Phoenix Gilbert - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa - Our customers like the pool and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Gilbert - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium, 13.3 mi/21.4 km from the city center, and Sun Devil Stadium, which is 13.4 mi/21.6 km away.
Dressing for Gilbert
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 105°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 105°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 92°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 8.86 inches of rain falls on Gilbert each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 103°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F