Visiting Grand Cayman
Travelers to Grand Cayman give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Stingray City, Boatswain's Beach, and Camana Bay.
- There are 486 hotels and other accommodations in Grand Cayman
- The closest major airport is in George Town (GCM-Owen Roberts Intl.), 7.4 mi (12 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Cayman
Cultural venues in the city include Georgetown Museum, Cayman Islands National Museum, and Cayman Motor Museum. Attractions like Cayman Turtle Farm, Dolphin Cove, and Dolphin Discovery are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Hell, and Mission House.
In Grand Cayman, you'll be able to select from 486 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Beach Suites - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Kimpton Seafire Resort and Spa - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants.
- Compass Point Dive Resort - This 3.5-star resort features a marina, 2 outdoor pools, and a private beach. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Grand Cayman include Stingray City, Boatswain's Beach, and Camana Bay.
Dressing for Grand Cayman
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Grand Cayman gets about 1.97 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F