Visiting Grass Valley
History buffs will enjoy exploring Grass Valley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, shopping, and entertainment choices.
- There are 81 hotels and other accommodations in Grass Valley
- The closest major airport is in Marysville, CA (MYV-Yuba County), 28.2 mi (45.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 46.1 mi (74.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grass Valley
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Center For The Arts, Northstar Mine Powerhouse & Pelton Wheel Museum, and Empire Mine State Historic Park. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like North Star House, Bourn Cottage, and Nevada City Firehouse No. 2. The city's natural beauty is on display at Scotts Flat Lake, Little Bear Creek Tree Farm, and New Bullards Bar Reservoir.
In Grass Valley, you'll find 81 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sierra Sun Cloud Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Grass Valley Courtyard Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Deer Creek Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting Around Grass Valley
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Colfax Station. Grass Valley might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Grass Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- About 62.16 inches of rain falls on Grass Valley each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F