Visitors to Grundarfjordur are sure to enjoy the mountain views, seaside, and restaurants. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city. In Grundarfjordur, there are 8 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Grundarfjordur
The city's mountain views and seaside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Kirkjufell Mountain. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lighthouse Krossnesviti and Grundfjordur Public Pool.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Grundarfjordur. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dis Cottages - Amenities at this 3-star cottage include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and location.
- Grundarfjördur Hostel - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hostel. Amenities at this 2-star hostel include free parking and free WiFi.
- The Old Post Office - This 2-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Grundarfjordur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 38°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 54°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 55°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 46°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Grundarfjordur gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 54°F, while the coldest months are January and March with an average of 29°F