Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gurnee, and visitors give high marks for the theme park, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theaters, water parks, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 17.9 mi (28.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gurnee
Families come for the theme park and water parks, specifically attractions such as Six Flags Great America. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gurnee Mills is a favorite for retail therapy. You'll also find Gold Pyramid House and University Center of Lake County in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Gurnee. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Chicago - Gurnee - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Comfort Inn Gurnee - Mall Area - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Great Wolf Lodge Illinois - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 6 indoor pools and a free water park, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Gurnee
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- About 34.09 inches of rain falls on Gurnee each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F