Visiting Half Moon Bay
Travelers to Half Moon Bay give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Around the area, top sights include Mavericks, Computer History Museum, and Twin Peaks.
- You'll find 572 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Half Moon Bay
The beaches, hiking trails, and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty, and Mavericks, Francis Beach, and Half Moon Bay State Beach are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Venice Beach in Half Moon Bay and Dunes Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Half Moon Bay. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mill Rose Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Landis Shores Oceanfront Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Computer History Museum, located 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the city center, and Twin Peaks, which is 19.9 mi/32 km away.
Dressing for Half Moon Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Half Moon Bay is 28.15 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 42°F