Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hazleton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its entertainment choices, live music, and festivals. A top sight in the area is Jack Frost Big Boulder.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in Hazleton
- The closest major airport is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Allentown, PA (ABE-Lehigh Valley Intl.), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hazleton
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Mauch Chunk Opera House, Old Jail Museum, and Bill's Old Bike Barn. Favorite family attractions include Bear Mountain Butterfly Sanctuary and Red Deer at Rolling Hills Farm. The city is notable for landmarks like Asa Packer Mansion Museum, Jim Thorpe Memorial, and DeFeo's Manor.
In Hazleton, you'll be able to select from 87 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Parsonage B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Maid's Quarters Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hill Home Forge - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Pocono Raceway, located 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the city center, and Blue Mountain Ski Area, which is 25.8 mi/41.5 km away.
Dressing for Hazleton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hazleton is 50.23 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F