Families will find kid-friendly activities in Henderson, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, lakeside setting, and entertainment choices. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its mountain views, restaurants, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Clark County Museum, Ethel M Chocolates Factory, and Ethel M Botanical Cactus Gardens.
- You'll find 890 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Las Vegas
- The closest major airport is in Henderson, NV (HSH-Henderson Executive), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Las Vegas, NV (LAS-McCarran Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Henderson
The city's cultural venues include Clark County Museum and Ethel M Chocolates Factory. The city's mountain views and lakeside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Ethel M Botanical Cactus Gardens. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to The District at Green Valley Ranch, Galleria at Sunset, and Boulder Strip.
In Henderson, you'll find 96 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The M Resort Spa Casino - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with an in-room iPod dock. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Skyline Hotel & Casino - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas South - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and walkable location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Las Vegas Convention Center, located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city center, and Hoover Dam, which is 18.4 mi/29.6 km away.
Dressing for Henderson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 99°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 101°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- About 4.49 inches of rain falls on Henderson each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 99°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F