Travelers to Hengill will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Thingvellir National Park and Skalafell Ski Area.
- There are 319 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 18.4 mi (29.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hengill
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Thingvellir National Park and Skalafell Ski Area. Additionally, you'll find Nesjavellir and Laxnes Museum in the area.
As you plan your trip to Hengill, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 319 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura is 18.4 mi (29.7 km) from central Hengill. This 4-star hotel in Reykjavik features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- ODDSSON is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the center of Hengill. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Reykjavik can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- CenterHotel Thingholt is located 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from the heart of Hengill. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Reykjavik can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and proximity to public transit.
Dressing for Hengill
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 48°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Hengill each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 56°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 28°F