Visiting High River
Visitors to High River are sure to enjoy the riverfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games and entertainment choices. Top sights in the area include Calgary Tower, Scotiabank Saddledome, and McMahon Stadium.
- You'll find 310 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Calgary
- The closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 38.4 mi (61.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in High River
The city's cultural venues include Evanescence Gallery and Museum of the Highwood. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and George Lane Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Highwood Memorial Center and Highwood Golf And Country Club.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ramada by Wyndham High River - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for High River
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 5°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 6°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for High River is 0.63 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°F