Visiting Hilton Head
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hilton Head, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and pristine golf courses. Top sights in the city include Coligny Beach, Sea Pines Forest Preserve, and Harbour Town Lighthouse.
- There are 2952 hotels and other accommodations in Hilton Head
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hilton Head
Cultural venues in the city include The Sandbox, Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, and Coligny Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Harbour Town Lighthouse, Stoney-Baynard Plantation, and Fort Mitchel. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Coligny Beach, Sea Pines Forest Preserve, and South Forest Beach.
In Hilton Head, there are 2952 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn & Club at Harbour Town - This 4-star resort in Sea Pines features 7 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Marriott's SurfWatch - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Marriott's Harbour Club - This 3.5-star hotel in Sea Pines features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to see around the area include River Street, located 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Forsyth Park, which is 20.5 mi/33 km away.
Dressing for Hilton Head
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hilton Head is 50.31 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F