Visiting Hilton Head Island
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hilton Head Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and pristine golf courses. Top sights in the city include Coligny Beach, Sea Pines Forest Preserve, and Harbour Town Lighthouse.
- You'll find 3277 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hilton Head
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hilton Head Island
Cultural venues in the city include The Sandbox, Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, and Coligny Theater. Favorite family attractions include Hilton Head Zipline and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf. The city is notable for landmarks like Harbour Town Lighthouse, Stoney-Baynard Plantation, and Fort Mitchel.
In Hilton Head Island, you'll find 3129 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn & Club at Harbour Town - This 4-star resort in Sea Pines features 7 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Marriott's SurfWatch - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Marriott's Harbour Club - This 3.5-star hotel in Sea Pines features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Hilton Head Island include Coligny Beach and Sea Pines Forest Preserve. Top places to visit in the area include River Street, 19.8 mi/31.9 km from the city center, and Tybee Island Beach, which is 11.8 mi/18.9 km away.
Dressing for Hilton Head Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Hilton Head Island gets about 50.31 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F