Visiting Hurlburt Field
Those traveling to Hurlburt Field are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, Eglin Air Force Base, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2454 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 10 mi (16.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 13.8 mi (22.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hurlburt Field
A couple of favorite places to visit are Hurlburt Field Visitor Center and Santa Rosa Island. In the area, you'll also find Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and Eglin Air Force Base.
As you make plans for a getaway to Hurlburt Field, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 605 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Intracoastal Bay Villa With 500 ft of Waterfront!! Sleeps 14 is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the center of Hurlburt Field. This 2-star motel in Destin features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Destin Inn and Suites is 13 mi (21 km) from central Hurlburt Field. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Destin can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Best Western Sugar Sands Inn & Suites is located 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the heart of Hurlburt Field. Guests who stay at this 3-star condo resort in Destin can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Popular places to see outside the city include Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, located 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Destin Commons, which is 16.6 mi/26.7 km away.
Dressing for Hurlburt Field
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hurlburt Field is 62.36 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F