Visitors to Hvammstangi are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's northern lights and bars. In Hvammstangi, there are 14 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Hvammstangi
Favorite places to visit in the city include Icelandic Seal Center Museum, Chapel at Groef, and Borgarvirki. Additionally, you'll find Kolufossar Falls and Illugastadir seal watching in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Hvammstangi. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Laugarbakki - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Gauksmýri Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this lodge. With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hvammstangi Cottages - Amenities at this 3-star cottage include free parking and an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Dressing for Hvammstangi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 41°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 55°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 57°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 48°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Hvammstangi each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 56°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F