Visiting Indian Hills
Visitors can enjoy all that Indian Hills has to offer including the ski areas, restaurants, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Stewart Indian School, Nevada State Railroad Museum, and Nevada State Capitol.
- You'll find 274 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carson City
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Indian Hills
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sunridge Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Stewart Indian School and Nevada State Railroad Museum.
As you plan your vacation to Indian Hills, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 85 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is located 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the heart of Indian Hills. This 3.5-star hotel in Stateline features a casino, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
- Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from central Indian Hills. This 3.5-star resort in South Lake Tahoe features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and central location.
- Harveys Resort & Casino is 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the center of Indian Hills. This 4-star resort in Stateline features a full-service spa, a casino, and 5 restaurants. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Nevada State Capitol, 5.4 mi/8.8 km from the heart of the city, and Nevada Governor's Mansion, which is 5.6 mi/9.1 km away.
Dressing for Indian Hills
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Indian Hills is 8.58 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 22°F