Visitors are sure to enjoy all Inverness has to offer including its biking and hiking. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Chassahowitzka Wildlife Reserve and Don Garlits Museum of Racing.
- You'll find 157 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Crystal River
- The closest major airport is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Inverness
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and such places to visit as Fort Cooper State Park and Bark Central Dog Park. Biking is a top activity, and Lakeside Golf and Country Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Citrus County Speedway and Old Courthouse Heritage Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Inverness. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Central Motel - This 2-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Lakeside Golf Resort Inverness - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this vacation home. With a stay at this 3-star vacation home, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Van der Valk Golf Resort Inverness - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Chassahowitzka Wildlife Reserve, 17.6 mi/28.3 km from the city center, and Don Garlits Museum of Racing, which is 18.6 mi (30 km) away.
Dressing for Inverness
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Inverness gets about 51.81 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 44°F