Travelers to Islamorada give high marks for the seaside, entertainment choices, and seafood restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its opera houses.
- There are 101 hotels and other accommodations in Islamorada
- The closest major airport is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Islamorada
The city is well known for its opera and theaters, and cultural venues include History of Diving Museum and Theater of the Sea. The seaside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park, Founders Park, and Plantation Key. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hurricane Monument and Bud n' Mary's Dive Center.
In Islamorada, you'll find 101 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Moorings Village - This 3.5-star villa features a full-service spa, a private beach, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- The Caribbean Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this resort. This 3.5-star resort features a marina, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Casa Morada - This 3.5-star resort features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and pool.
A top sight outside the city is Dolphin Research Center, located 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Islamorada
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 64°F as the nighttime average
- Islamorada gets about 46.14 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F