Visiting Isle of Palms
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Isle of Palms, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music. A top sight in the area is USS Yorktown.
- You'll find 2090 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Isle of Palms
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Isle of Palms County Park, Isle Of Palms Recreation Center, and Front Beach. Wildlife viewing is a top activity, and Isle of Palms Marina is one place to visit. Additionally, you'll find USS Yorktown in the area.
In Isle of Palms, you'll find 679 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wild Dunes Resort - Vacation Rentals - This 3.5-star condo features 5 outdoor pools, a golf course, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Wild Dunes Resort By Destination Hotels - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this resort. This 4-star resort features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course.
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Isle of Palms
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Isle of Palms is 49.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F