Visiting Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include La Ropa Beach, Potosi Refuge, and La Madera Beach.
- There are 325 hotels and other accommodations in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- The closest major airport is in Ixtapa, Guerrero (ZIH-Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan (LZC), 50.3 mi (81 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
Attractions like Magic World Aquapark and Delfiniti are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Kioto Plaza, Fisherman's Walk, and Virgin of the Tree. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including La Ropa Beach, Potosi Refuge, and La Madera Beach.
In Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo, you'll find 325 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- La Casa Que Canta - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Tentaciones Hotel & Lounge Pool - Adults Only - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Embarc Zihuatanejo - This 4-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other favorite sights in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo include Zihuatanejo Bay, Las Gatas Beach, and El Palmar Beach.
Dressing for Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- About 58.11 inches of rain falls on Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo each year
- Hottest months are usually June and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F