History buffs will enjoy exploring Jamestown, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Jamestown
- The closest major airport is in Modesto, CA (MOD-Modesto City - County), 36.7 mi (59.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jamestown
A couple of favorite places to visit are Gianelli Vineyards and Railtown 1897 State Historic Park. In the area, you'll also find Mother Lode Fairgrounds and Tuolumne County Historical Society.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Jamestown. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Historic National Hotel - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Jamestown Railtown Motel - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this motel. This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Royal Carriage - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Jamestown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Jamestown gets about 29.53 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F