Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Jamestown, which is also known for its museums and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's baseball games and architecture. Top sights in the city include Chautauqua Institution and Peek'n Peak Ski Resort.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in Jamestown
- The closest major airport is in Jamestown, NY (JHW-Chautauqua County), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bradford, PA (BFD-Bradford Regional), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jamestown
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, National Comedy Center, and Chautauqua Amphitheater. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Midway State Park, Jamestown Audubon Center and Sanctuary, and Whitney Bay. Other notable sights to explore include Chautauqua Institution and Peek'n Peak Ski Resort.
In Jamestown, you'll find 73 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown, NY - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jamestown - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Jamestown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Jamestown is 45.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 15°F