Visitors can enjoy all that Kahakuloa has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and sporting events. Kaanapali Beach, Kapalua Golf Club Plantation Course, and D.T. Fleming Beach Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2603 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kapalua, HI (JHM-West Maui), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kahakuloa
Kaanapali Beach, Kapalua Golf Club Plantation Course, and D.T. Fleming Beach Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Kapalua Beach and Iao Valley State Park.
As you start planning your visit to Kahakuloa, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 1296 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Maui Seaside Hotel is located 9 mi (14.4 km) from the heart of Kahakuloa. This 2.5-star hotel in Kahului features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa is 10.8 mi (17.5 km) from the center of Kahakuloa. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Kaanapali can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Maui Beach Hotel is 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from central Kahakuloa. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Kahului can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, located 8.4 mi (13.4 km) from the city center, and Maui Arts and Cultural Center, which is 8.5 mi/13.6 km away.
Dressing for Kahakuloa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Kahakuloa gets about 17.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 63°F