Visitors can enjoy all that Kalaupapa has to offer including the local tours, seaside, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. A top sight in the city is Kalaupapa National Historical Park.
- There are 1271 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kalaupapa, HI (LUP), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hoolehua, HI (MKK-Molokai), 9.2 mi (14.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalaupapa
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kalaupapa National Historical Park. Additionally, you'll find Ironwood Hills Golf Club and Kapuaiwa Coconut Grove in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Kalaupapa, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua is 22.9 mi (36.9 km) from central Kalaupapa. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Kapalua can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Kaanapali Beach Club Resort by Diamond Resorts is located 23.4 mi (37.7 km) from the heart of Kalaupapa. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star condo resort in Honokowai can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Aston at Papakea Resort is 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the center of Kalaupapa. Guests who stay at this 3-star condo resort in Honokowai can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers love its bar and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Kalaupapa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 64°F as the nighttime average
- Kalaupapa gets about 24.49 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F