Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kananaskis, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its casinos, ski areas, and spas. A top sight in the city is Nakiska Ski Resort.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Kananaskis
- The closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 48.5 mi (78.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kananaskis
Top activities include hiking and skiing, while Nakiska Ski Resort is one place to visit. Additionally, you'll find Heart Mountain Trail and Grotto Canyon Trailhead in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kananaskis. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crosswaters Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, Autograph Collection - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Kananaskis
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 5°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 21°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Kananaskis gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 10°F