Visitors to Karlsruhe are sure to enjoy the shopping and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, entertainment choices, and theaters.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodations in Karlsruhe
- The closest major airport is in Karlsruhe (FKB-Karlsruhe - Baden-Baden), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mannheim (MHG), 32.7 mi (52.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Karlsruhe
Favorite places to visit in the city include Prince Max Palace, Federal Court of Justice, and Marketplace Square. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Basic Rights Square and Karlsruhe Palace.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Karlsruhe. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Der Blaue Reiter - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Rio Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Novotel Karlsruhe City - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Karlsruhe City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
Getting Around Karlsruhe
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Karlsruhe is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transit at Karlsruhe Bahnhofsvorplatz Station, Karlsruhe Durlach S-Bahn, and Maxau S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Karlsruhe Central Station, Karlsruhe West Station, or Karlsruhe-Mühlburg Station.
Dressing for Karlsruhe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 30°F at night
- Karlsruhe gets about 29.80 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 30°F