Travelers to Kenner give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, entertainment choices, and cafés. Top sights around the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Audubon Park, and City Park.
- You'll find 1324 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kenner
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Rivertown Museum & Kenner Planetarium and Rivertown Repertory Theatre. The picturesque setting of Susan Park and Veterans Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Esplanade Mall and Cafe Du Monde.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kenner. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn New Orleans Airport North - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kenner - Louis Armstrong International Airport can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to the airport.
- Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport Hotel - Our customers like the WiFi and proximity to the airport at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Kenner - Louis Armstrong International Airport features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Kenner - Louis Armstrong International Airport can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the city center, and Audubon Park, which is 9.6 mi/15.4 km away.
Dressing for Kenner
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 62.52 inches of rain falls on Kenner each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F