Visiting Key West
Travelers to Key West give high marks for the lively bar scene, seaside, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and festivals. Top sights in the city include Duval Street, Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, and Audubon House and Tropical Gardens.
- There are 527 hotels and other accommodations in Key West
- The closest major airport is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Key West
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Key West Art and Historical Society, and Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory. Attractions like Key West Aquarium and Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, Mallory Square, and Southernmost Point.
In Key West, you'll find 527 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Coco Plum Inn - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Key West Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Andrews Inn & Garden Cottages - Our customers like the pool and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Key West Historic District features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Artist House Key West - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Key West Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Key West include Duval Street, South Beach, and Smathers Beach.
Dressing for Key West
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Key West is 39.76 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F