Visiting La Jolla
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring La Jolla, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and aquarium. La Jolla Cove, SeaWorld, and San Diego Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodations in La Jolla
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 9.5 mi (15.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Jolla
The seaside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Shores Park, and Children's Cove. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of California-San Diego is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Scripps Pier and Birch Aquarium.
In La Jolla, there are 168 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pantai Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Torrey Pines features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 2 restaurants.
- The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include SeaWorld, located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the heart of the city, and San Diego Zoo, which is 10.6 mi (17 km) away.
Dressing for La Jolla
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- La Jolla gets about 0.35 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 49°F