Visiting La Porte
Visitors to La Porte are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and monuments.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in La Porte
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 22.2 mi (35.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in La Porte
A favorite place to visit in the city is Legacy Hills Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Whittaker Woods Golf Course and Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in La Porte. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Arbor Hill Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Porte - Our customers like the overall value and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Blue Heron Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for La Porte
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- About 42.72 inches of rain falls on La Porte each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F