Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Lafayette has to offer. There are 77 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 39.3 mi (63.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lafayette
Places to visit in the larger region include Fort Tyler, Georgia Visitor Information Center, and Roanoke Community Fields. You'll also find Roanoke Mayor's Office and Awbrey Public Library in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Lafayette, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 77 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- New! Historic 3br+guest House Lafayette Plantation is 11 mi (17.7 km) from the center of Lafayette. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Auburn can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Hotel At Auburn University is 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from central Lafayette. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in LaGrange can enjoy access to 5 indoor pools and a free water park, along with free WiFi.
- Great Wolf Lodge Atlanta / LaGrange, GA is located 24.4 mi (39.2 km) from the heart of Lafayette. This 2-star motel in Opelika features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
Top places to visit in the area include Jordan-Hare Stadium, located 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Chewacla State Park, which is 24.6 mi/39.6 km away.
Dressing for Lafayette
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Lafayette gets about 52.64 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F