Visiting Laguna Beach
Travelers to Laguna Beach give high marks for the beaches, renowned art, and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Main Beach Park, Huntington State Beach, and Irvine Spectrum Center.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in Laguna Beach
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 24.8 mi (40 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Laguna Beach
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Festival of Arts, Laguna Playhouse, and Laguna Art Museum. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Main Beach Park, Alta Laguna Park, and Heisler Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gallery Row is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Laguna Beach, there are 73 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Montage Laguna Beach - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Laguna Beach House - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and local sightseeing.
Top places to visit around the area include Huntington State Beach, 12.7 mi/20.5 km from the city center, and Irvine Spectrum Center, which is 6.7 mi/10.8 km away.
Dressing for Laguna Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Laguna Beach gets about 13.03 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F