Visiting Lake Placid
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Placid, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, gardens, and entertainment choices.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Placid
- The closest major airport is in Sebring, FL (SEF-Sebring Regional), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Placid
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Lake June-in-Winter Scrub State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Historical Society Depot Museum and Lake Placid Tower.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lake Placid. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Lake Grassy Inn & Suites - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this aparthotel. This 2.5-star aparthotel features a private beach, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Ramada by Wyndham Lake Placid - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Dressing for Lake Placid
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 47°F at night
- About 52.17 inches of rain falls on Lake Placid each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 48°F