Travelers to Lepanto will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 216 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 55.6 mi (89.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lepanto
Places to visit in the larger region include Playa Coyote, Los Delfines Golf & Country Club, and San Miguel Beach. In the area, you'll also find Guayabo Island Biological Reserve and Curu National Wildlife Refuge.
As you start planning for your getaway to Lepanto, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 216 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Posada Cerro Escondido is 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from central Lepanto. This 2.5-star inn in Dominicas features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a library.
- Doubletree By Hilton Central Pacific - All Inclusive is located 27 mi (43.5 km) from the heart of Lepanto. This 3.5-star resort in Barranca features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Barceló Tambor is 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the center of Lepanto. This 4-star resort in Paquera features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
Dressing for Lepanto
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Lepanto gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F