Visiting Los Alamos
Visitors to Los Alamos are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, cafés, and bars. Top sights in the area include Presidio Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County Courthouse, and Mission Santa Barbara.
- You'll find 356 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Los Alamos
Places to visit in the larger region include Melville Vineyards and Winery, Foxen Vineyard and Winery, and Tres Hermanas Winery. Additionally, you'll find Riverbench Vineyard and Winery and Rancho Sisquoc Winery in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Skyview Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Los Alamos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 15.47 inches of rain falls on Los Alamos each year
- September and October are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F