Visiting Los Algodones
Visitors to Los Algodones are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and shopping.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Los Algodones
- The closest major airport is in Yuma, AZ (YUM-Yuma Intl.), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mexicali, Baja California Norte (MXL-General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada Intl.), 29.6 mi (47.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Los Algodones
Places to visit in the larger region include West Wetlands Park, Yuma Crossing State Heritage Area, and Arizona Historical Society Sanguinetti House Museum. You'll also find Sanquinetti House Museum and Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- California Comfort and Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Los Algodones
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 107°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 108°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 97°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- About 1.50 inches of rain falls on Los Algodones each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 107°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 47°F