Families will find kid-friendly activities in Luquillo, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its rainforests. A top sight in the city is Luquillo Beach.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Luquillo
- The closest major airport is in San Juan (SJU-Luis Munoz Marin Intl.), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vieques (VQS-Antonio Rivera Rodriguez), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Luquillo
The beaches and rainforest highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Luquillo Beach, Las Paylas, and Azul Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Carabali Rainforest Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Luquillo. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ocean Pearl Inn - This 2.5-star inn features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Mountain Lodge Suites - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Dressing for Luquillo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Luquillo gets about 52.32 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F