Visiting Mackinaw City
History buffs will enjoy exploring Mackinaw City, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Mackinaw City
- The closest major airport is in Mackinac Island, MI (MCD), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mackinaw City
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Mackinaw Heritage Village and McGulpin Point Lighthouse. The lakeside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Wawatam Park, Colonial Michilimackinac Park, and Headlands International Dark Sky Park. Top activities include taking a ferry and taking local tours, while Mackinaw City Dock is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Mackinaw City. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Vindel Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Clearwater Lakeshore Motel - Our customers like the quiet location and quiet rooms at this motel. This 2-star motel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Baymont by Wyndham Mackinaw City - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Mackinaw City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 42°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- Mackinaw City gets about 27.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 13°F