Visitors to Madrid are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 86 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Madrid
Places to visit in the larger region include Snus Hill Vineyard and Winery, Iowa Arboretum, and Picket Fence Creamery. Additionally, you'll find Big Creek State Park and Lake Robbins Ballroom in the area.
As you plan your trip to Madrid, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 86 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA is 19 mi (30.6 km) from central Madrid. This 3-star hotel in Clive features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Wildwood Lodge is 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the center of Madrid. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Clive can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Qube HOTEL is located 8.7 mi (14.1 km) from the heart of Madrid. This 2.5-star hotel in Polk City features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Madrid
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 10°F at night
- About 38.35 inches of rain falls on Madrid each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 12°F