Visitors give high marks for the local tours in Managua, which is also known for its volcano viewpoints and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and live music. Top sights in the city include Laguna de Apoyo and Montelimar Beach.
- There are 338 hotels and other accommodations in Managua
- The closest major airport is in Managua (MGA-Augusto C. Sandino Intl.), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Managua
Cultural venues in the city include Ometepe Island Museum, Ruben Dario National Theater, and Mansion de Chocolate Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Sandino Monument, Managua Cathedral, and Dario's Monument. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the volcanoes and these places to visit: Laguna de Apoyo, Montelimar Beach, and Tiscapa Lagoon.
In Managua, you'll find 338 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Jardin de Granada - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location.
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room minibar.
- Hotel Real La Merced - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its pool and WiFi.
Dressing for Managua
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 68°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- About 46.18 inches of rain falls on Managua each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 69°F