Families will find kid-friendly activities in Manly, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Around the area, top sights include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach.
- You'll find 1458 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Manly
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Fairy Bower Beach, South Steyne Beach, and Shelly Beach. Top activities include taking a ferry and taking local tours, while Manly Wharf is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Store Beach and Corso at Manly.
In Manly, you'll find 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Quest Manly - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its dining options and high-quality beds.
- Manly Surfside Holiday Apartments - Our customers love the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Q Station Sydney Harbour National Park - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Sydney Opera House, located 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city center, and Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is 5.8 mi/9.3 km away.
Dressing for Manly
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- About 46.77 inches of rain falls on Manly each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 47°F