Visiting Marco Island
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Marco Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Naples Pier and Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens.
- You'll find 1566 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Naples
- The closest major airport is in Naples, FL (APF-Naples Municipal), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 39.7 mi (63.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marco Island
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Jane Hittler Park, Tigertail Beach, and Hideaway Beach. Top activities include bird watching and boating, while Rose Marina, Marco Island Marina, and Pelican Pier Marina are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marco Town Center Mall and Marco Players Theater.
In Marco Island, you'll find 763 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Sunset Cove Resort - With a stay at this 4-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort - Our customers love the family-friendly amenities and quiet location at this condo resort. This 4-star condo resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Naples Pier, 13.2 mi/21.3 km from the heart of the city, and Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens, which is 15.4 mi/24.8 km away.
Dressing for Marco Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 59°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- Marco Island gets about 54.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F