Visitors can enjoy all that Matapala has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Coco Beach, Flamingo Beach, and Hermosa Bay Beach.
- There are 855 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 17 mi (27.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Matapala
Coco Beach, Flamingo Beach, and Hermosa Bay Beach are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Conchal Beach in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Matapala, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 424 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Riu Guanacaste - All Inclusive is 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in El Ocotal can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and room size.
- Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica - All Inclusive is located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center. This 4.5-star resort in El Ocotal features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a casino. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Dressing for Matapala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Matapala each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F