Visitors can enjoy all that Matapalo has to offer including the beaches and restaurants. Conchal Beach, Flamingo Beach, and Coco Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Matapalo
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 24.5 mi (39.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Matapalo
Conchal Beach, Flamingo Beach, and Coco Beach are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Playa Brasilito and Las Baulas de Guanacaste National Marine Park.
As you start planning your visit to Matapalo, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 603 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. These are other cities close by where you can stay:
- There are 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cabo Velas, and a top place worth a visit is Conchal Beach
- There are 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Playa Conchal, and a top place worth a visit is Conchal Beach
- In Huacas, you'll find 2 hotels and other lodging options to choose from
Dressing for Matapalo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- Average annual rainfall for Matapalo is 72.76 inches
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 62°F