Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Mayaguez, which is also known for its shopping and casinos. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Playa Sucia, Cabo Rojo Lighthouse, and Church of Porta Coeli.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Mayaguez
- The closest major airport is in Mayaguez (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos), 3.8 mi (6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aguadilla (BQN-Rafael Hernandez), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mayaguez
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mayagüez Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mayaguez Zoo and Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Mayaguez. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Mayaguez and Tropical Casino - This 3-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hotel Colonial - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Howard Johnson Downtown Mayaguez - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Playa Sucia, 19.5 mi/31.3 km from the city center, and Cabo Rojo Lighthouse, which is 19.6 mi/31.6 km away.
Dressing for Mayaguez
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- About 85.12 inches of rain falls on Mayaguez each year
- Hottest months are usually June and September with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 64°F