Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mazatlan, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music and shopping. Top sights in the city include Plaza Machado, El Faro Lighthouse, and Olas Altas Beach.
- There are 452 hotels and other accommodations in Mazatlan
- The closest major airport is in Mazatlan, Sinaloa (MZT-General Rafael Buelna Intl.), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mazatlan
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Sea Shell City Museum, Angela Peralta Theater, and Mazatlan Archaeological Museum. Favorite family attractions include Mazatlan Aquarium and Mazagua Aquatic Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza Machado, El Faro Lighthouse, and Immaculate Conception Cathedral.
In Mazatlan, there are 452 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa de Leyendas Hotel -Adults Only - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Mazatlan can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Las 7 Maravillas - Adults Only - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Mazatlan features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Casa Lucila Hotel Boutique - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Downtown Mazatlan can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Mazatlan include Olas Altas Beach, Playa Norte, and Mazatlan International Center.
Dressing for Mazatlan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Mazatlan gets about 29.30 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 60°F