Luxury-minded travelers enjoy visiting Medina though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, archaeological sites, and cafés.
- There are 171 hotels and other accommodations in Medina
- The closest major airport is in Medina (MED-Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Medina
The city is notable for landmarks like Uhud Battle Field, Prophet's Mosque, and Baqi Cemetery. The picturesque setting of Mount Uhud and King Fahad Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Taibah University and Prince Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Stadium.
In Medina, you'll be able to select from 171 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dallah Taibah Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Crowne Plaza Madinah - Our customers like the helpful staff and room service at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi.
- Intercontinental Madinah - Dar Al Iman - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Medina
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 109°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 109°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 103°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 0.20 inches of rain falls on Medina each year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 109°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 55°F