Families will find kid-friendly activities in Metairie, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, cafés, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, City Park, and Audubon Park.
- You'll find 1327 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Metairie
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Lakeside Shopping Center and Clearview Mall. While football fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Shrine on Airline. Additionally, you might want to add Lafreniere Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Metairie. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Metairie New Orleans - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Copeland Tower Suites, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Residence Inn by Marriott New Orleans Metairie - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, 6.1 mi/9.7 km from the heart of the city, and City Park, which is 3.8 mi/6.1 km away.
Dressing for Metairie
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Average annual rainfall for Metairie is 66.61 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 47°F