Visitors can enjoy all that Micanopy has to offer including the festivals and lakeside setting. Around the area, top sights include Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, and Florida Museum of Natural History.
- You'll find 87 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gainesville
- The closest major airport is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Micanopy
A couple of favorite places to visit are Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park and Micanopy Historical Society Museum. In the area, you'll also find Kanapaha Botanical Gardens and Florida Museum of Natural History.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Herlong Mansion Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a library. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Micanopy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 47.28 inches of rain falls on Micanopy each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F